This liquid surface conditioner and primer converts existing rust into a dark, inert protective polymeric coating that seals out moisture and prevents future rust and corrosion. It also provides an excellent primer coating on rusty steel and iron for the application of oil-based paints. Once painted, it helps surfaces resist the effects of the weather without peeling or cracking.
**Do not use with water-based paints.
- No sandblasting, grinding or etching required.
- Converts rust into durable surface ready for final coat of paint.
- Apply 2 coats allowing at least 20 minutes drying time between coats.
- Allow 48 hours of cure time before applying an oil-based paint.
- 1 gallon covers 500 square feet of a smooth, non-porous surface.