New Generation Liquid Ice Melt uses a non-corrosive liquid formula that penetrates quickly to dissolve frost, snow and ice accumulations from a wide variety of surfaces. It will immediately melt existing ice and snow without harming grasses and shrubs.
Quantity included in price: One 6 gallon container.
D-Freeze is a Liquid De-Icer used by those with enviromental and/or corrosion concerns. This longer lasting, High Performance formula contains no Alcohol or Glycols and is Biodegradable. Mostly used in applications where speed and high performance are a necessity.
D-Freeze is used as a pre-wetting agent for road salt and granular ice melts. Because of its very low freezing point (-60 F), it significantly improves the performance of pellet and granular ice melting products and does not clog spray nozzles. Used at a rate of 1 gallon per 100 lbs of solid ice melt.
D-Freeze is used as an anti-icer on pavement before precipitation begins. A high traction film forms that prevents adhesion of ice and snow, which can then be mechanically removed with ease. Used at a rate of 1/2 gallon per 1000 square feet.
D-Freeze is used as a de-icer directly on top of snow and ice. Works best when applied in narrow bands, which minimizes dilution and allows the product to penetrate to the surface. This action breaks the bonds of ice & snow prior to mechanical removal. In heavy ice & snow accumulations, it is used after salt or pellet de-icers have punched holes into the ice and/or snow. Penetration to the surface will accomodate quick & easy removal of heavy accumulations. Used at a rate of 1 gallon per 1000 square feet.
- Keeps ice & snow from adhering to road signs, truck beds, manhole covers, rail switches, non-porous roofs, truck scales etc.
Features & Benefits:
• Contains no chlorides, alcohol or glycols. Biodegradable and SAFE for the environment.
• Freezing point -60 degrees F. Lasts longer and performs at higher level.
• Liquid concentrate form. Safe to use, no agitation required, low toxicity to humans and aquatic life.
• Non-flammable, no flash point. Safe to handle and store.
Click here for MSDS