- Easy-to-spread granular ice melt pellets
- Dissolves snow and ice in temperatures below 0°F
- Generates exothermic heat to power through thick ice
- Use on cement, concrete, asphalt, sidewalks, driveways, stairs, flagstone and parking lots
- Non-corrosive to concrete
- Non-toxic to children and pets
- Non-caustic to skin, can be applied by hand
- No residue on carpets and floors
- Performs down to temperatures of -60°F
- For use on sidewalks, ramps, loading docks, aluminum, rubber, plastic, painted surfaces, locks, hinges and much more
- Non-corrosive liquid formula penetrates quickly
- Harmless to concrete and asphalt
- Generates no heat
- Will not leave residue
- Safe to use around pets and children
- Won't harm vegetation
- Convenient pellet form
- Melts snow & ice down to -13°F
- Less toxic than baking soda and table salt
- 26 times less concrete spalling (chipping, fragmenting, flaking)
- Non-irritating to skin and non-corrosive
At Valtec Industries we strive to offer our customers only the best ice melt available. We believe in quality first when it comes to such an important product. Ice melt products help make private and public walkways and roadways safer for everyone. Above we show our three main categories - Our most economical solution, which is the most popular choice of our customers, is the Green Fire Ice Melt Pellets. Our current special is a 50lb bag of this premium ice melter for $59.95 with free shipping anywhere in the continental U.S. Green Fire is, you guessed it, green in color to help prevent over-applying and to promote economical use. For other more specific applications we also carry top-quality liquid ice melt products and formulas that are safe for pets. All of the snow and ice melters we offer are non-corrosive to most surfaces, safe for concrete, and most are non-irritating to skin for safe handling and use. Most items utilize one or more of the following ingredients: sodium chloride, calcium chloride and magnesium chloride.
View our complete product list below:
Why you should use it
The main reason to use an ice melt product is to help prevent slip and fall injuries. The consequences of this type of accident could be dire, making the cost of snow and ice control well worth the investment. Many cities and states have legislation in place that requires business owners to take some kind of action to proactively prevent a person from slipping and falling on their property, and by not taking action you can open your business up to legal action. Even a light dusting of snow can create a thin layer of ice that could become dangerous, especially if the snow melts and refreezes.
How to use it
When it comes to using ice melt pellets or liquid deicer, less is usually more. As long as the product is spread or applied evenly you shouldn't need to use a large amount for the desired effects. Using a tool like a mechanical spreader (handheld or walk-behind) will help ensure even coverage over big areas. The ideal time to apply an ice melter is actually before precipitation begins, but sometimes this isn't possible so the next best procedure is to apply it before freezing occurs, or shortly thereafter. Immediately after clearing snow is also a good time for application. Each product will have directions recommending the amount that should be used for your area size.
What kind to use
The prices of our deicer products are generally determined by their ice melting performance. The faster it works and the lower the temperature it is effective at both contribute to the cost of the ingredients. Economical green ice melt pellets usually do the job well in temperatures down to 0°F, but for colder temps or severely icy conditions you may need a high performance liquid deicer. If your main concerns are that the product is earth-friendly and safe for pets we feature two formulas that are as gentle as you can get.
Also see our superior Snow Plow Protectant