Quantity included in price: Four 1 Gallon Containers
• Borate / Nitrate scale & corrosion inhibitor.
This liquid scale and corrosion inhibitor is designed for use in both hot and cold-water closed loop recirculating systems. It features a borate/nitrate formula for superior scale and corrosion inhibition, with easy testing and control. It can be injected directly into the recirculating system through the use of a bypass feeder, or applied by use of mild steel piping and feeding equipment.
• Protects ferrous and non-ferrous metals in closed loop heating or cooling systems.
• An environmentally responsible product that is an ideal alternative to other heavy metal formulas.
• Extends the life of hot-water boiler and chilled water recirculating systems.
• Built-in color indicator reflects adequate pH levels.
• Typical dosage is 1 gallon for every 125 gallons of capacity.
• Optimize the dosage by maintaining the nitrate concentration between 350 to 1,000 ppm.
Click here for MSDS
Click here for Technical Data Sheet
Borate / Nitrate water treatment programs are the most commonly used programs for both
chilled water and hot water closed loop systems. Using nitrite as the tracing agent, the
program is maintained from 200 - 2000 ppm as sodium nitrite in the closed loop system.
This type of corrosion inhibitor is compatible with ethylene and propylene glycol, so it can
be used in virtually all of the chilled water systems in use today.
The product uses the anionic nitrite to induce the metal surface to form a hydrated oxide
film. This prevents the attack of oxygen on the metal. The borate is a inhibitor for steel that
prevents galvanic and oxidation reactions. At 2.0% of borate in a solution, steel will not
corrode. The silica is used to protect most of the metal surfaces in the system by forming a
film that prevents any reactions with the metal surfaces and the corrosive agents found in